Social Ad Programme | Video advertising
The Bing campaign for Microsoft utilised the Social Insight Engine to drive a cost effective video ad promotion. Microsoft hired agency:2 for our social media targeting specialism.
Targeting young adults who are passionate about technology and who are active social connectors, the campaign featured six videos starring Brian Badonde – a character from Channel 4’s comedy Facejacker.
Our social media ad strategy
Our social ad and engagement campaign was comprised of three core elements:
- YouTube Channel. We created, promoted and moderated a dedicated ‘Art of Technology’ channel, featuring the official Brian Badonde web-based series for the promotion of Bing.
- Facebook targeting. We targeted and engaged with key target groups on Facebook, shared content, engaged in conversations and drove traffic to the ‘Art of Technology’ YouTube channel.
- Blogger & Twitter Outreach. Using our Brandvocacy network we worked with prominent bloggers and Twitter users to seed content and generate video views; this also encouraged the target audience to contribute to the ‘Art of Technology’ YouTube channel.
The campaign proved to be a huge success. Through our social media seeding activity we were able to make the videos truly ‘viral’, facilitate conversations & attract a new audience for Bing.
The campaign achieved exceptional results:
- Video views: Over 1,000,000 | beat target video views by over 300%
- YouTube Search: Search optimisation ensured videos were found on page one for the target set of key terms.