Social Media Marketing | Social Advertising
Royal Caribbean asked agency:2 to create a social media campaign to promote the launch of their new ship, the Celebrity Eclipse.
We needed to:
- Generate pricing & itinerary enquiries for the Celebrity Cruise ships and, ultimately, increase sales leads.
- Create compelling travel content – both about the ship and the top destinations it sailed to – for the blog in order to drive interest and support the launch of the Celebrity Eclipse.
- Seed and promote the Celebrity Eclipse blog through forums, social networks and social search. This would create a buzz around the campaign and get people clicking through to the site.
Our social media strategy
Initially we tracked content about the Celebrity Cruises brand and key cruise ship competitors within social media sites. Through this activity we were able to:
- Identify the relevant target markets.
- Identify key and relevant topic clusters.
- Identify monetisation opportunities for Celebrity Cruises.
We devised a social media strategy to engage travel consumers with the Celebrity Cruises brand. Through the creation of a regularly updated blog and promotion of what made the Celebrity Eclipse offering unique we would give them a compelling reason to book.
We then rolled out the social media programme:
- We prioritised the ideal target audience using our Social Insight Engine focusing on the passions, interests and travel purchasing habits of women in their 40s and 50s.
- We created compelling content in the form of a regularly updated blog which gave the target audience travel advice.
- Through social media sites we drove the audience to the blog.
The campaign was an outstanding success, delivering far beyond the brand’s expectations. We drove travel consumers to the Celebrity Cruises site and got over 300,000 people engaged with the Celebrity Cruises brand.
- The Celebrity Eclipse blog became one of the most visited parts of the Celebrity Cruises site.
- Our social media activity drove over 10,000 leads.
- Leads to conversion pages increased by 100% month on month.
To find out more about how we maximized ROI for Royal Caribbean, please get in touch.